16 November 2012

NO surgery???

Went to the ortho today and thought i'd finally be told when I would be ready for surgery. Not the case at all. I went in and sat there for about 10 minutes while my ortho and some other OD talked about what would be the best option. Some surgeon (not the one i've seen before) also came over and gave his two cents. It was determined I would do for an x-ray and come back and then they'd have a better picture.
About 20 minutes later I was all x-rayed up and went back in to see the OD. After a lot of measuring of x-rays molds and god knows what else basically he still isn't sure what the best option for me is as if I have surgery my brackets could come loose and it would complicate things blah blah blah (stupid amelogenesis). He said another option is to put a metal band on every single tooth - ouch - but then the results aren't as precise. Alsoooo because i'm getting porcelain veneers after i'm getting these damn things off apparently a lot of mistakes can be disguised with them. So he's going to see my surgeon and have a chat between now and my next appointment (17th Jan).

I told him I don't really care what they do I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO A BIG CHEESY GRIN AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT. urgh.

Anyway he left my top wire unchanged but gave me a new bottom one and put some funky bend in it to try and even out the gumline. So now i'm frustrated and in rather a lot of pain. Fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. Poor you, I know how frustrating it can be when you feel like you're being held back unnecessarily, and the appointments are always so far apart. I really empathise with you, but you will get there eventually

    ReplyDelete