13 September 2013

Dates and some more info

I went to the orthodontist yesterday. My mam came with me as she had a lot of questions (her main concern being how much time she needs to take off work).

I have two appointments with my surgeon, one on the 23rd of this month and one on the 3rd October. This is to determine exactly how my jaw will be moved during the operation. I also need to be measured and fitted for wafers which will guide my surgeon as to the position of my teeth during surgery.

I also have a final pre-surgery appointment with my ortho to fit surgical hooks onto my braces, and this is on the 26th November. I'm being admitted to hospital two days later, stopping overnight on the 28th ready for my operation on the 29th.

After my op i'll need tlc for 10 days minimum (as estimated by my ortho). However, he thinks i'll bounce back rather quickly which I hope is the case! I'm missing the last four weeks of university before Christmas but should be able to return in January. He also said he can start doing orthodontist work again six weeks after the operation.

My orthodontist estimates about 6 months in braces post surgery. During my recovery period I'll also be seeing my prosthodontics dentist who will be fitting me with a shiny new set of veneers once the braces are off. I'm going to Florida on the 23rd June next year so I think i'll be pushing for this whole episode to be done and dusted with by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment