01 September 2011

pre-braces photos

As promised, the before photos! I must admit, like every other person i've been so apprehensive to take them, simply because I avoid looking at my teeth in all their glory at all costs.
Because I have major self-confidence issues, they're in black and white. Maybe one day i'll have the confidence to show you lot what they look like at present, but that wouldn't be until i'm completely finished and happy with my smile.
Anyway, enough blabbing from me *takes deep breath*, here we go:





Looking straight on. My open overbite casts a shadow over my bottom teeth, that's how bad it is!





Angled slightly upwards, this gives you a better view of my open bite. You can see my brackets peeping out from behind :)





Taken from the side, biting down. Again this shows you the extent of my open bite.





Bottom teeth. Notice how none of them are embedded straight in my gums? All wonky :(
You can also see how thin my incisors are, due to the amelogenesis imperfecta





And the top teeth. Again you can see how thin the incisors are here.





Side profile as of September 2011



And that's me. Horrendous I know, I have a long road ahead of me! I get my braces in 6 days and I don't know whether to feel scared or excited, I suppose I can't really look any worse! It feels strange that the next time I post i'll probably be all braced up.






And for those that were wondering, this is me with my friend :) i'm the blondie!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beth! Your transformation will be fantastic. I'm so excited for you. When is the big day? I definitely have some tips for you. I've had a busy week at work and haven't had a chance to write them all down. But, my next blog post will be with you in mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing in the last photo, but ouchhh that looks painful with the braces on.. wish you all the best!! you'll most likely see a bit of difference after the first 2-3 days :)

    http://helloitschloe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! Welcome to the jaw blogging world! Wishing you all the best in your journey! Good luck on Tuesday, your big day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - it's Wednesday! Three days to go, and i'm so nervous/excited, I can't choose which!

    Chloe - I hope I see the difference straight away! Just wish it was Wednesday already!

    Ellie - Thank you :) I'll be sure to check out your blog too.

    ReplyDelete