19 December 2013

Day 20

Some stuff to report in the last 10 days:


  • I am now changing my elastics myself - the ortho said once a day but i'm doing it twice (i.e. when I brush my teeth). I wear one on the right side and 2 on the left during the day/3 at night. I'm just using a pair of tweezers to hook them on and its become easier the more I do it
  • Saw my surgeon yesterday and i'm not allowed out on New Years Eve in case I get my face hit :( I suppose I was being rather optimistic as i'll only be a month post op then - but i'm a party girl and I'm really starting to miss going out! I can drink just not head to a crowded club, which makes sense. On the plus side i'm saving money by not spending it on alcohol (ha)
  • He also didn't give me a straight answer about when I could start going out (drinking) again, and just said it takes 3 months before you can do contact sports again. Hmm.
  • I think most of the 'surgery' swelling has gone now but I definitely still have some residual swelling there.

And the rest...

Eating: 

No changes - i'm still on soft food. Was supposed to ask my surgeon yesterday when I can start chewing again but I was too distraught about not being able to go out! I'll be asking my orthodontist tomorrow.

Sleeping:

I don't need to update on my sleeping anymore as its completely back to normal :)

Medication:

Again, no more updates on this section as I am medication free! I take two ibuprofen if i'm in pain (rarely)

Numbness:

Before I fell asleep last night my lower lip was tingling for the first time! I was so excited. I still can't feel my upper chin/bottom lip but i'm used to it now. I have tingling/burning sensations around the numb areas 24/7 which is promising. I can also feel the surgical hooks digging into my bottom lip again so the wax is back on which makes my lip look way fatter than it is

And just a quick question: if you're post-op when did you start exercising again? I'll probably leave it until I go back to uni (when I'll be 5 weeks after) and i'm hoping to get back to the gym. Thanks :)




Day 0/Day 2/Day 7/Day 14




Day 19 (in my dressing gown AGAIN)

2 comments:

  1. Hi beth,

    Good to see you doing so well! That burning tingling sentation is horrible isnt it! but like you said its a good sign so worth it really.

    I started going for walks about 2-3 weeks after and went back to the gym 5 weeks after. The most difficult thing for em is your breathing, trying to get that under control while being banded is difficult so I took it easy on the cardio and weight front, nothing to crazy because it is so difficult to gym/exercise breathe with your mouth shut!

    Hope you have a good christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of today I'm not actually banded anymore! And yes the burning feeling is not pleasant at all!

    ReplyDelete